Wednesday, August 18, 2010

BMW question?

I am purchasing a 2003 330i and someone told me that I HAVE to get the oil changed at the dealership and that tires for this car cost $3,000 for all four. I didn't believe them, but wanted to check with other owners first. Why could I not get the oil changed at a quick lube? Why could I not buy regular tires of the same size from a tire store? Please, serious answers only. Thanks!



BMW question?mcaffee



I'm on my 2nd BMW. A full set of R-compound (Racing) tires ran me about $1000, but that's for the M5 which has the widest tires of any of the sedans. Tire cost is more relative to tire size than anything else.



Wheels are another matter. If you're looking to replace the wheels, they get pricey. That's true of any make.



Full service is NOT included with any BMW after 2000. I have an '02, and it's not included. I've heard ads recently, but it's a more recent thing.



Oil changes: BMW's take 100% synthetic oil ONLY. If you go to Jiffy Lube they won't have it. You'd need to bring your own from Pep Boys or something.



Independent BMW certified mechanics can be much better than dealerships since they won't have the high labor cost and they can do almost everything the dealership can, and they'll honor your warranty.



BMW question?norton antivirus 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment