Friday, August 20, 2010

BMW Brakes?

My brakes need replacing and I'm going to do them myself. However, all my other cars have always been american and I've always used after market ceramics or semi metallic brakes. The auto parts store only seems to carry semi metallic brakes for this car ($50) and the dealer sells them for $140. I called Midas out of curiosity and they told me that after market brakes don't work correctly and will make a lot of noise. Is this true? Cuz, it doesn't make much sense to me...semi metallic brakes are semi metallic brakes. Also, I want to put ceramic ones in there. Is there a problem if I do so?



BMW Brakes?vincent



well whit out knowing the year and model of your car its a little hard to answer your question...i would recommend ''akebono brand pads'' there oe and if there is a electronic wear sensor they come on the pad and there not extra



BMW Brakes?adware remover



i use to own a 97 M3, and bmw is very meticulous about the parts it will accept, and not malfunction...



i wouldn't see a problem with them, just research it on bimmerforums.com .. aftermarket will work.
Just get some decent ceramics and have the rotors resurfaced when you replace the pads, you should be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment