Friday, August 20, 2010

BMW owners, what are the typical repairs you've had to make to your 3-series, if any?

I'm about to buy a 325Xi. I know these cars are quite durable, but has anyone had any problems? If so what? At what mileage did it occur and how much did it cost?



BMW owners, what are the typical repairs you've had to make to your 3-series, if any?symantic



BMWs are like any other cars. You get out of them what you put into them. If you take care of them, they will last over a million miles. However, when you do have problems, they are expensive, especially if you go to a dealership. I had a 30 dollar hose replaced that cost almost 150 because the labor cost was 99/hr.



BMW owners, what are the typical repairs you've had to make to your 3-series, if any?viruses



Bimmers are just plain fun to drive .....its a driving experience one would NEVER forget in his or her lifetime but it does come with a little more to maintain. I have a VW and just love driving it but BMW provide an even better experiance as my friend can attest. If you worry about repair cost....go with Japanese.
Lots of front end work control arms bushings and I cant keep tires on it I'm glad I bought some cheap steel rimes that can run cheap tires instead of $235 a tire.
Is it an E30? If so, you're mainly looking at suspension bushes, dodgy motronic ECU boards, and rust in the sills and floor. Nothing unfixable. Also, make sure your cylinder head bolts are the later torx-head type, not the original hex-head design - they break. Replace them with the new versions.
I own a BMW 7-series and I just have the random troulbe. Just recently it's been stalling out at stop signs. It cost me about fifty bucks to get it fixed. Besides that, no troulbe at all. I don't know a lot about 3-series, but I know a lot of people w/ BMWs and I think they're pretty durable cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment